The the most hectic thing about Monday mornings is trying to get up and out the door by 7:40 to get to work where I sit in a frighteningly quiet office for 3 hours before my day really begins. Ah, college.
So I think I'll skip the "what I want this blog to be" segment because, as I sit here eating my peanut butter and blackberry jam on honey wheat bread sandwich I realize that I've set up such expectations before in another blog and in other areas of my life and if there's one thing I know about myself it's that I'm not exactly an Olympian when it comes to following through on projects. So, away with expectations. We'll simply see what it can become :)
It feels really early in this new year for so many dreams to already be coming true for me, and yes, I almost gagged typing that, but seriously. I live with the most amazing girls, I'm in a loving relationship with a man who, for some reason, adores me and I have created my own "big-girl" budget and thereby assuaged my parents misgivings about my staying out at school over the summer. This may not seem like a super impressive list but believe me, I have pushed my way through many a tearful night and well-waged battle to reach this point and, despite the lingerings of a morning headache, I am reminded that I have more reasons to smile than to complain (as is my general habit).
This year will not be easy, but I know there will be laughter sprinkled profusely among the frustrations and tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment