So I made sure to bring my umbrella along this morning which kept most of me dry on the way to work. Rain was not on the top of my list of concerns today, though. No. Today, I had an appointment with the dentist. I don't think I've ever met anyone who likes going to the dentist. Frankly, I don't think those people exist : P It's not that I had some horrific experience as a child or anything, I just don't enjoy people poking around in my mouth with sharp and spinning objects. There was some minor drilling today which always stresses me out. I was given laughing gas for the first time in my life and I don't think it really did anything. So, you may ask, why refuse the novocaine the dentist already had prepared? Well, in my experience, novocaine doesn't kick in until after all is said and done and I'm not a fan of walking around the rest of the day with a numb mouth. Been there and so done that. What I found interesting, entering the room in this dentist office I've never been to before, was the little TVs they had rigged up with the chair. I'd never seen TVs in a dentist's rooms before. I suppose it's telling that I was disappointed when I learned they were for watching TV. I thought maybe I'd be given a view of whatever they would be doing in my mouth. At least then you'd know where all that dust actually comes from, right?
In other news, I've added some to my Pandora stations as of late and as a result, have discovered many new things to share!
For those of you, like me, who didn't think Lion King could get any better (and haven't seen the musical) we were wrong! Zazu just got so much funnier : D
Now, not all of them are happy, of course. This musical was recommended to me by a recent acquaintance. If you've never heard of The Last Five Years I'd go Google it. Myself, I want to find where this is playing, if anywhere.
This one reminds me of BYU ><; Both the guy's planning and the girl's reaction.
I just love this one : )
Over the past few days I've alternatingly effectively destroyed pieces of relationships and slowly begin to rebuild them. I don't always say the right things and I don't always respond the way I should. Things don't move more smoothly simply because you've gotten older, there's always more learning to be done. This is going to be a busy summer and there are a lot of things to be done, some people might get toes stepped on, some might be the ones stepping on toes. I'm remembering every day, though, that somehow, step by step, we all make it through and that the goal I'm working toward is worth every minute of it : )
No comments:
Post a Comment