Star-gazing is something that Tim and I both have a love of and, bless him, he's willing to put up with my sometimes high-maintenance needs in the interest of not freezing to death. Some night, when I'm in an appropriately not-light-polluted area, I'd like to set up a camera and leave the shutter open all night to capture the constellations moving across the sky.
Last night Tim got off work earlier than usual and we absconded to Taco Bell before heading up to a park in the foothills of the Rockies, overlooking the valley and the lights of busy lives. I love landscapes, especially expansive ones like these from TV Hill by Delta. My mom always complained that there aren't any people in my pictures : P


The best part of last night wasn't the scenery though. Tim, who claims he's never really danced, surprised me by rolling down the windows and coaxing me out of the car with a blanket [as the warm day had cooled off quickly with the disappearance of the sun and a bright breeze] to dance in the abandoned parking lot. For someone who's never waltzed before, he took to it fabulously and I can honestly say that's one of the best dances I've ever had : )
Often, it's the little mercies and the small moments in life that keep you going when things get hard or don't work out the way you want them to. It's those smiles that sneak up on you, the laughter that breaks free when tears still stain your face.
No comments:
Post a Comment