Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is it the weekend yet?

Only Tuesday and already I want it to be over, haha.

Not that the past few days have been bad, there's actually been a good bit of fun lately. I'm just tired.

This weekend consisted of a very lazy Saturday followed by a rather busy Sunday where I was able to go to church with Tim which meant a double dose for me as my church is at 9 and his is at 1.
Saturday also featured entirely too little of Tim as well as a heart-wrenching conversation with a girl who should be spending these last days leading up to her wedding in excited anticipation but is, instead, trying to keep it together from disappointment and crushed hopes. She may only be a state away but it feels like thousands of miles when all I can do is listen on the phone.

Yesterday was a hectic combination of work, engagement pictures [hopefully some sneak peeks for us soon!], and a masquerade dinner/ball/whatever that was our ward activity. This last part let me get crafty this weekend as we went to Joann's and got awesome things like beads and sequins and feathers and lace. Everyone's masks looked fabulous in my opinion! I also had my first run in with a Kinect in the form of a dance game which, for me, was more intriguing to watch than do simply because the technology is incredible. Though I still find it a little creepy, lol.

It's been so long since I've had a trip that I'm getting antsy. Thursday night will take Tim and I down to Delta for his family's reunion [yay!] but it feels forever away. I can feel myself starting to burn out from my current schedule of work and even some of the roommate craziness. Almost two whole days away this week and then four days next week for Chelsea's wedding are exactly what I need. So much so that I can feel myself being pulled toward these brief reprieves.

Tim and I have been looking for what you could call some variety in going to the temple. We don't have loads of time so attendance is generally relegated to the evenings which are actually a wonderful time to go, no crowds. So far, we've been to three in our area:

Provo,
Timpanogos,
and Draper!

Yes, I even got Tim to go to Provo : P Which was fun because, despite it's proximity, he'd never been in their baptistery. Probably because it's generally packed to standing-room only by college students, haha.
I'm not sure if we'll be able to branch out more than this just because of the travel time but it's fun to see different temples and the way different architects design them. I absolutely adore Draper's baptistery and the cubic look of the building grew on me over the hour or two we spent there.

At any rate, I am super excited for this weekend. I love love love Tim's family and I'm excited to see his nieces and nephews again. The reunion also promises to introduce me, finally, I've been evasive about this for years, to shooting. Something Tim is practically ecstatic to show me : ]

As excited as I am for this weekend, I am more so for next week. The idea of flying to California and flying with my favorite person is already making me smile. Also, I can't wait to see my best friend for the first time in almost two months. It's time I need especially since the happy couple, who'd been planning on moving back here in July, have decided to stay in Cali until school starts at the end of August which means I have to wait that much longer to really have time to spend with Chelsea. [sigh]
It'll be fun to finally see the west coast. And, I assure you, after this trip I will be able to confidently say that while Cali may be nice, the east coast is, in fact, the best : P

1 comment:

  1. Emmmmmily! Words cannot describe just how happy this post made me. :) I cannot WAIT to see you freaking NEXT WEEK. I can't believe I'm so blessed to have you as a friend. :):):)

    ReplyDelete