I have several fabulous things to share with you today : )
I've been attached to this video for a long time as anyone on facebook probably knows but I'm a fan of sharing things even if I do it a zillion times.
I think I've shared this song before but I really like the music video.
I always like finding new music and this one was courtesy of a friend's blog. I am absolutely in love with it. Enjoy!
A friend shared this and now I'm helping to spread it around. It's absolutely fantastic and refreshing. It gives me chills. I hope I can be cool enough to teach this to my children.
This one you'll have to click the link for I'm afraid. But worry not. It is so worth it! Can you keep from saying "AWWWWWWWW"? I couldn't : P
http://thechive.com/2011/06/02/whatever-happens-dont-say-awwww-14-gifs/
I spent a considerable amount of time crawling through various blogs yesterday and I was inspired. Seeing all the cool crafty and culinary things that people are doing and are willing to share made me, heaven forbid, excited to cook. Now, don't take that the wrong way. I enjoy cooking well enough though I will always be partial to baking, but since coming to college it seems like making a dish takes a million times more effort than it used to. You have to go and get the special ingredients and slave over the cutting board and stove for what feels like an eternity but clocks out to about a half our or so. Entirely too much trouble for a busy college girl : P
But apparently not for all of us. I follow a friend who's absolutely puting me to shame. I swear she's going to be translated someday aside from attaining domestic-goddess-ship.
Looking through all her recipes and getting saturated in her utter excitement inspired me to try something new. So last night Tim and I made hamburgers.
I know, you're probably thinking, hamburgers don't count. They're easy and uncreative. Well, as true as that may be for you, they fit my bill pretty well as a first try because I've never hand made a burger patty before. Tim was teasing me all the while but he was a total sweet heart about my laughable ignorance. And let me tell you, that was the best burger I've had in a really long time. Tim told me about how he puts BBQ sauce [not too much] in the patties and it was delicious! I'm not very fond of BBQ sauce but by puting only a little in, I got to taste the flavor without being assaulted by it. Absolutely amazing! It felt good to really make something for dinner. Not that I don't like macaroni and cheese [esp the white cheddar and shells kind] but it was fun to do something different. Next time I'll have to try my hand at actually frying them [we don't have a grill, yet] lol
But apparently not for all of us. I follow a friend who's absolutely puting me to shame. I swear she's going to be translated someday aside from attaining domestic-goddess-ship.
Looking through all her recipes and getting saturated in her utter excitement inspired me to try something new. So last night Tim and I made hamburgers.
I know, you're probably thinking, hamburgers don't count. They're easy and uncreative. Well, as true as that may be for you, they fit my bill pretty well as a first try because I've never hand made a burger patty before. Tim was teasing me all the while but he was a total sweet heart about my laughable ignorance. And let me tell you, that was the best burger I've had in a really long time. Tim told me about how he puts BBQ sauce [not too much] in the patties and it was delicious! I'm not very fond of BBQ sauce but by puting only a little in, I got to taste the flavor without being assaulted by it. Absolutely amazing! It felt good to really make something for dinner. Not that I don't like macaroni and cheese [esp the white cheddar and shells kind] but it was fun to do something different. Next time I'll have to try my hand at actually frying them [we don't have a grill, yet] lol
No comments:
Post a Comment