Finals were completed amidst the clutter of keeping a supervisor-less-department afloat and meeting up with my mom and Spence as they toured down here. I love making lists and planning things out but they never go the way I plan because my priorities aren't in the right place for them to. Personally, I don't really see this as a problem as I like my priorities :P
I was greatly relieved, though, to finish my stats test, last one to go, on Thursday even though I left the test feeling less than stellar.
Now, it's on to summer and things are starting to get into swing. Between all the other things I was up to this past week, packing was not at the top of my list and so, typical of me, Amber and I ended up spending the greater part of Sunday hauling our numerous things across the parking lot and into our new apartment. Our room, that night, was a serious fire hazard as neither of us had really unpacked anything at all. It was probably one of the most productive birthday's I've ever had though, haha. Craziness aside, and aside from missing my family, it was really one of my best birthdays. How could it not be with someone as enthusiastic about surprises and as sweet as Tim? I've never been big on making a deal out of my birthday but his excitement was contagious :) He was nervous that I wouldn't like what he got me but he's got a great hold on the things I like and I was astounded when he presented me with a copy of The Library by Sarah Stewart and David Small. My neighbors growing up had this book and whenever I went to visit I would ask to read it. We got another book by these authors a few years later that I love too but I'll always have a spot in my heart for this book. I was so touched that he had tracked it down.
Because of the business of the day we didn't have much time to make the cake we'd planned on or to dye the eggs I'd wanted to but that means I've been able to spread my birthday out for a few days as we worked on the cake last night and the eggs still sit in the refrigerator patiently waking to be colored and covered in designs. :)
We've met three of our new roommates so far. One was actually our neighbor this past year and another just got back last night so I haven't really talked to her yet. The third is the one that Amber and I had contact with leading up to actually getting our stuff moved. She has a beautiful name that, ashamedly, I can't remember. But hey, it took me about a week to get my last roommates' names down so don't be too harsh :P I was concerned about getting to know new roommates again because, as good as my luck has been thus far, you figure that can't hold out forever, right? So far, though, I have been pleasantly surprised. Last night, I was informed suddenly that I was also invited to dinner with this roommate, her friend who I can already tell will be a constant presence in the apartment, and their friends from the ward. I was glad that Amber came as well and, as awkward as I am around new people, I had fun. We went to Applebees where there was this random woman making balloon animals and things that graced me with a giraffe and the people we were with were able to take my comments and throw them back, graciously considering some of them funny even. I think I'll like my new ward but I hope they're patient with my lack of ability to remember names :P
Now that I'm working full-time I'm bracing myself for a summer of long days and hoping that things will work out so that my nights aren't as sparse in Tim-time as they are right now. My mom suggested that I take up a hobby, something like bread-making perhaps, this summer to keep myself productive when I'm not at work. I know as well as she does that I do have a tendency to just veg out after a day of work and I don't want to end the summer with nothing but hours to show for it. But I think that this will be a busy summer whether I take up needle point or not ;)
Okay, I know what you're thinking. My first real post in ages and so far, not a youtube link or poem to speak of. I must be sick! Well, thankfully I'm not. I think that food poisoning will hold me over for quite some time actually, thank you. But, not one to disappoint, here are a few things for your viewing pleasure:
Here's to hoping your days began better than mine, which started with a blizzard. Yes, a blizzard in April. I don't understand it either :P
Emily! I loved this post! And I loved the music videos you put up. :D They were so cute and I actually really liked Selena Gomez! So cute! I love you!
ReplyDeletehaha, thanks Chelsea : )
ReplyDelete