Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I can do that!

The biggest challenge of planning a wedding and reception is, by far, the budgeting. College students that we are, the pickings aren't as impressive as they are for those you may see on Say Yes to the Dress and other shows of the like but thankfully Utah's not a stranger to small budget needs. Which is an interesting paradox when you consider the general fact that people here are either really rather wealthy [by my standards at least] or rather poor [this population made up largely, but no means exclusively, by students].

At any rate, just because there are resources doesn't mean they've been pounding down my door which makes things more challenging. But this is a challenge that's growing on me more and more as I get further into planning. I find I actually like hunting down caterers that would be within our budget but who actually have edible food as well as digging up names and contacts for invites and loans of materials like linens. Sometimes I can find extensive connections to be a little obnoxious but in situations like these I can't deny that it's awesome to have Tim and his family who know a person who knows a person. Lol.

Anyway, I thought of this song whilst I pondered and thought I'd share it. I really need to see the movie sometime : P




2 comments: