Have you ever noticed how ridiculously difficult it is for people to arrange themselves by height? This is my third semester in this choir and every time we sing at devotional the same thing happens, everyone [mostly the girls] stand there with confused looks on their faces and do nothing. I'm 5'11" so every time we prep for devotional I just stand in the back and wait for everyone else to sort themselves out because I'm the tallest and that's where I'll end up anyway. But am I the only one who thinks that simply asking the person in front of you for their height, then comparing it to your own shouldn't be as painfully hard as some people make it out to be? I had quiet a few personal laughs yesterday.
So, our devotionals are broadcast over television which means that when you sing you're instructed not to look up at the monitor to see if you're on TV because if you are you'll look stupid. A plus of always being in the back row is that the camera people never sweep the back row, generally focusing more on the middle and lower sections of whatever choir is singing. This is why I was so astonished when first my roommate, then a barrage of other people throughout the day, including most of my ballet class, told me that they had seen me not once, but twice during the time we sang. Never have I felt so famous :P
All in all, yesterday was a good day for me. The spirit that attended the devotional seemed to follow me throughout the rest of work and classes and despite various conflicts and concerns in my life I felt good. I am forever grateful for the Lord's ability to help myself and others to soften our hearts. Life would not be what it is without it's ups and downs, even the painful ones, and I'm grateful for those who have gone before, who have lived longer than I and can help shed light on different areas of my life where I might be struggling to understand. Patience and forgiveness of my own and from others are the greatest blessings in my life.
Now, as much as I had a good day yesterday, I think this girl had a better day:
I'm in a video mood today so here's another. I absolutely love this song by Katy Perry. Please get over yourselves about the somewhat awkwardness of parts of the video and just listen to the music. It's the best anthem song I've heard in a while and it just makes me want to dance.
Also, I love Abba music. If you've never heard them I recommend starting with the soundtrack from Mamma Mia [the movie]. I'm not a huge fan of the movie but they do a beautiful job with the music :]
Last night we made another epic journey to Winco, bringing Amber with us as well this time. It's amazing how much food you can get at places like this without breaking even a college student's bank. I love it. Especially when my wonderful boyfriend pushes me around while I sit on the end of the cart ;) And there's nothing quite like knowing someone dreams of you :]
I've been meaning to mention this for a while but I kept forgetting. Along with blogging here they let you check various stats like page views, etc and they even tell you where people are viewing your blog from, country wise. This is where things get interesting. I noticed one day that underneath the views I've gotten from the U.S. there was one view listed from Malaysia. Weird, right? Well, after several days that page view went away only to be replaced with a page view from Austria. Tim theorized that have international stalkers. Just the other day I checked again and Austria is gone but now there's a view from China. The weirdest thing is I don't know anyone in any of these countries. I figure that they just passed by me on their way through the site but to any international viewers, accidental or not, I'd just like to say hi and thanks for stopping by, seeing those fun bits make my day :)
I've been meaning to mention this for a while but I kept forgetting. Along with blogging here they let you check various stats like page views, etc and they even tell you where people are viewing your blog from, country wise. This is where things get interesting. I noticed one day that underneath the views I've gotten from the U.S. there was one view listed from Malaysia. Weird, right? Well, after several days that page view went away only to be replaced with a page view from Austria. Tim theorized that have international stalkers. Just the other day I checked again and Austria is gone but now there's a view from China. The weirdest thing is I don't know anyone in any of these countries. I figure that they just passed by me on their way through the site but to any international viewers, accidental or not, I'd just like to say hi and thanks for stopping by, seeing those fun bits make my day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment