Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When I rule the world, I'll plant flowers......When I rule the world I'll have...snakes >:]

If you haven't seen A Very Potter Musical and its squeal get off your studious behind and go procrastinate for a couple hours. Here, I've even got the link to get you started:

We're seeing an upturn in the weather that's continuing today as far as I've seen so far. I even wore flip-flops last night! Granted, I was also wearing my pea-coat but hey, I figured I should start breaking them in since I bought them at the end of last fall and never wore them. They make me miss my old flip-flops but I couldn't find a pair of the same kind to replace them so I hope this new brand doesn't let me down. Flip-flops are important and sometimes fickle things and I don't have the time or patience to deal with less than optimal flip-flops in the summer, it's too easy to kick them off and just go bare-foot.

So our apartment complex has decided to install a pantry in our apartment and I had completely forgotten that they would be starting construction yesterday so I was surprised to come home to carpet fragments where there were none, moved furniture, and 2x4 studs enclosing a small space bordering on the living room. The workers had left all their tools in the apartment and instead of being annoyed, it actually made me smile. My dad teaches "shop" at a local middle school so I've grown up around most of the tools that I saw in our apartment and the "under construction" look of the whole business reminded me of home as well. Our house has been and is under constant renovation which isn't altogether surprising when you know it was bought as a barn. I've seen foundations poured, walls go up and down, new rooms roofed, etc since I was little. Wood, nails, hammers and other carpentry and woodworking tools were a part of my childhood and "fresh" wood is one of my favorite smells in the whole world. It's nice to have that piece of home again, remembering all the projects and the many times I've held the other end of a board my dad's been planing, breathing in sawdust like air and tinkering around with the scraps he kept under the radial arm saw. Childhood is good :)

You know what else is good? Funny videos about little girls learning ballet. Like this one:

They are funny because people my age have the same problems, we're just not nearly as cute :P

It's funny how two people can be in incredibly similar positions and get frustrated with each other for the way they act even though it's basically the same. Luckily for me, this hasn't resulted in any injuries yet and food softens most conversations as well as humor, even if some people's humor makes you want to hit them once in a while.

For lack of interesting things to say at the moment I shall leave off with another video because 3 is my favorite number :P

Okay, I lied, I was looking through my youtube videos and came across this one which I'd totally forgotten about. Anyone who knows Potter-Puppet-Pals should appreciate this invention of genius and I'll eat my hat if it doesn't keep you busy for quite some time :] So I suppose that for this once I can let go of my favorite number. Hey, it's symmetrical now!

No comments:

Post a Comment