Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday aside from a nightmare I had last night. So, to celebrate getting that mess of an entry off the front spot here are some awesome things for your viewing pleasure. Some are shamelessly stolen from Amber but hey, copying is the most sincere form of flattery right?

This gem I got from Tim who has it as his desktop background. This is just so incredibly funny to me.
A whole group of us are going to see Divine Comedy this weekend and this is just a taste of their stuff. And yes, those talks really do happen, though generally not as spectacularly as this one. I love their parodies which do such a phenomenal job of making fun of the way things can be out here xD If you're looking for good laughs look them up on youtube!
Recently I have found a fairly reliable site to check for the days weather [as reliable as you can get for Utah weather anyway] and with the changeable-ness of the weather at this time of year I've been checking it every morning before leaving for work. This morning I was excited to see that we're supposed to get up to 60 degrees this afternoon but the site was saying that it was currently 52 degrees. Being 7am and still rather dark outside I was naturally skeptical but, low and behold, it was actually rather warm! I'm excited for this and I love seeing the few daffodils and other little blossoms that have already popped up around campus. I can't wait for the tulips to bloom as there are going to be tons of them on the side of the ramp!
My little gratitude schpeal for today regards the test I took for my sociology class yesterday. Now, I am awful at planning ahead which includes studying for tests so I didn't get started till Monday night on my review. During my breaks yesterday I was reading through notes and writing summaries to articles, trying to get to everything before heading to the testing center. There have been so many handouts, outlines, and notes in this class it's kind of ridiculous. Our professor had advised us what outlines it would be beneficial to review and I had set those aside to look at if I felt I had time. It got to the point where I was sitting on the first floor [literally the floor] of the testing center and going over things one last time. I was seriously contemplating skipping the outlines and just taking the test because it was already getting late but I decided to review them even though it meant waiting even longer to get done with the test. I am so incredibly grateful that I followed that instruction because it turned out that about half of the multiple choice questions on the test came directly from outlines with review questions that we had received, literally word for word. In addition to that, I had been sure that I would take the option of the two short essays at the end instead of the one long one but upon seeing the available topics I realized that I wouldn't be able to write about the shorter essays but that I was entirely comfortable and prepared to write about the longer one. I know the Lord isn't going to tell us answers to questions that we haven't studied for but I do know that He can guide our study so that we can be best prepared for tests in our lives, whether academic or otherwise. D&C 38: 30 "wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms...if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." It's interesting, that scripture doesn't tell us that the things we come up against will be easy things to pass through and require no effort on our part, but it gives us the assurance that the Lord will be there to remind us of as much of the wisdom as we have treasured up if we will indeed do so :)
Recently I have found a fairly reliable site to check for the days weather [as reliable as you can get for Utah weather anyway] and with the changeable-ness of the weather at this time of year I've been checking it every morning before leaving for work. This morning I was excited to see that we're supposed to get up to 60 degrees this afternoon but the site was saying that it was currently 52 degrees. Being 7am and still rather dark outside I was naturally skeptical but, low and behold, it was actually rather warm! I'm excited for this and I love seeing the few daffodils and other little blossoms that have already popped up around campus. I can't wait for the tulips to bloom as there are going to be tons of them on the side of the ramp!
My little gratitude schpeal for today regards the test I took for my sociology class yesterday. Now, I am awful at planning ahead which includes studying for tests so I didn't get started till Monday night on my review. During my breaks yesterday I was reading through notes and writing summaries to articles, trying to get to everything before heading to the testing center. There have been so many handouts, outlines, and notes in this class it's kind of ridiculous. Our professor had advised us what outlines it would be beneficial to review and I had set those aside to look at if I felt I had time. It got to the point where I was sitting on the first floor [literally the floor] of the testing center and going over things one last time. I was seriously contemplating skipping the outlines and just taking the test because it was already getting late but I decided to review them even though it meant waiting even longer to get done with the test. I am so incredibly grateful that I followed that instruction because it turned out that about half of the multiple choice questions on the test came directly from outlines with review questions that we had received, literally word for word. In addition to that, I had been sure that I would take the option of the two short essays at the end instead of the one long one but upon seeing the available topics I realized that I wouldn't be able to write about the shorter essays but that I was entirely comfortable and prepared to write about the longer one. I know the Lord isn't going to tell us answers to questions that we haven't studied for but I do know that He can guide our study so that we can be best prepared for tests in our lives, whether academic or otherwise. D&C 38: 30 "wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms...if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." It's interesting, that scripture doesn't tell us that the things we come up against will be easy things to pass through and require no effort on our part, but it gives us the assurance that the Lord will be there to remind us of as much of the wisdom as we have treasured up if we will indeed do so :)
No comments:
Post a Comment