So, after posting yesterday I checked my stats again and I now have a page view from Denmark. This just keeps getting better xD
Yesterday while in my sociology class my professor mentioned that the 25th Anniversary concert for Les Mis was on this weekend. Generally I'm not bothered by not having a working TV in our apartment but in that moment I felt inexplicably robbed. I hadn't even known this was coming up and I felt betrayed. To explain, I grew up with the VHS copy of the 10th Anniversary concert that my mom owned. I watched that more times that I can count before I ever even saw the musical in high school. That production has some of the most amazing music and characters that I've ever encountered and just watching it wears me out emotionally. I felt like I'd missed a very important and amazing opportunity this weekend. The only bright side I found to missing it was that apparently Nick Jonas was cast as Marius. Now, I loath Marius's character anyway, I think he's a tool along with being an idiot, but Nick Jonas? He was the only one in the performance who'd never had opera training and I'm not surprised that my professor and others that saw it noticed. Bah! I would really like to know what caused the producers to pick him. There's a rational explanation that they did so in order to appeal to "my" generation. I can see the thought process here, if ever so grudgingly, but I refuse to accept it as a good reason. If people are only going to watch it because a Jonas brother is in it then part of me doesn't want them to watch it at all which goes bizarrely against my usual instincts to share things I love like this but that whole decision cheapened this for me. I love Les Mis and introducing a pop-star to it degrades the art of it at least in part. I sound like one of those crazy, snooty art fanatics don't I? Well, I suppose that everyone's passionate about something and this is one of those things for me. :P
Amber made Oreo truffles yesterday to take to work with her. I'd never seen an Oreo truffle before and so was curious about this concoction. Apparently they consist mostly of Oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate that forms the outer coating of the delicacy. Now, I'm not a white chocolate person by any means, I think the stuff is gross but I still wanted to try them. She ran out of chocolate about half way through and so several of the truffles received only a drizzle which was perfect for me. If you haven't had an Oreo truffle before suggest you get Amber to make them for you. Those things are so good. I was honestly a little surprised at how well they turned out but they actually tasted like "legit" truffles! I'm sorry I ate so many, not because I think I'll get fat or anything, but because it means there aren't any left...
You know those times when you feel like something will never happen but right when you start getting really down you see something or someone says something that makes you hopeful and happy again? I had one of those yesterday about the weather. Aside from it being so beautiful outside that I ditched my coat and sneakers before heading to stats in favor of a sweater and flip-flops, I saw something that made me insanely happy. There are buds on the trees! Spring is coming! I am so excited to walk up the ramp to class and pass all the beautiful flowers that have sprouted up along the way :)
Emily, I can't make Oreo Truffles for the entire world. Just so you know. :) Also, I bet I'm more excited than you that spring is coming. :P
ReplyDeleteyou totally could, you're awesome that way :]
ReplyDeleteI bet you're not! no one gets more excited for spring than me!