Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And I'd kick her, sir!

I love Anastasia :)

Instead of reading ahead for sociology last night, Amber, Chelsea and I watch 500 Days of Summer which neither Amber nor I had seen. The movie is incredibly well done, the cinematography is absolutely stunning and refreshingly unique. With that said, when the movie ended I was inexplicably angry. Well, it wasn't really inexplicable anger but the level of irritation was inexplicable. I was so worked up in my head that I was still angry when I went to bed, to the point of tears even [because my tear ducts are ridiculously connected to my frustration levels]. The movie ends well for the main character, he is, in the end, dynamic and he learns but it's the process of learning that angered me so much, probably due in large part to the resemblance of events in a friend's life recently. I don't want to dissuade anyone from seeing it, it's amazingly done, but for me, it may be a while before I can watch it again and I doubt the anger will ever go away.

On the bright side, I go to see Bryan last night after not hearing from him in about 2 weeks. The kid's been sick apparently [ironic because he claims to never get sick] and had a motorcycle's foot peg stab into his leg all the way down to the bone. I didn't get to see the wound because it's still bandaged but he's not limping which is good. It's hard for me to not be nosy with this one. He's generally not too forthcoming about how he's doing but prying is apt to touch on still tender spots. It's hard for me to understand sometimes why people I care about have to hurt so much. Some days I find myself praying harder than usual that they will have happiness in their lives again soon.

It was wonderful to hear the birds on my walk to work this morning. The more consistently they sing the more sure I am that spring really is coming soon, something I really can't wait for. Flip-flops, my long neglected lovers, are just itching to see the sun again. I want to go hiking in the mountains again, to find a bike and meander around town in capris with the wind in my hair and the warm sun on my back. Mmm. I was sitting outside Office Depot the other night, waiting to pick up Tim from work, and as I watched Best Buy employees load suspicious packages into their various vehicles I realized that late night, almost empty parking lots in urban areas remind me of summer. I can't put my finger on precisely why this is other than vague impressions of memories of sitting in such parking lots on several such occasions. Happy memories from childhood aren't always close to the surface in my mind and I'm generally surprised when they rise out of my peripherals. The accompanying feeling/sensation reminds me of a gentle, warm breeze blowing at my back, wrapping around my, especially my face where it brushes against my cheek in the softest of caresses before moving on and I see it go, trailing away in front of me like some mild-mannered phantom dissolving into the summer air of my memory.

Today is my second to last class in geology 100 and on Friday I must bid it adieu. As nice as it will be to have 6 additional hours of my week freed up for more work hours and homework time I will honestly miss this class. The semester has been entertaining to say the least between designated joke time and all the random dinosaur pictures my professor manages to fit into every lecture.

2 comments:

  1. Can we watch Anastasia tonight? Or the Princess Bride? I'd honestly be happy with either. :)

    ReplyDelete