Monday, February 7, 2011

Can we go back to the time when weekends were lazy sleep days?

I honestly believe that I'm getting less sleep on the weekend than I get during the week, my own fault of course. Friday night we had a party for Amber's birthday, complete with green cake with purple frosting, pineapple, and a super awesome blanket fort held up by scarves. I can't remember the last time I made a blanket fort so I was rather proud of the architectural accomplishment.

Saturday was an early morning to head to the temple for the first time in roughly two months. I love how many people I always see there, even at 9am on a Saturday. It's so inspiring to see so many students dedicated to the work, even if the length of the line makes me a little late getting out :) I wish we had this kind of attendance at all the temples.
Despite a 2 hour nap after I got home I was still rather tired the rest of the day which complicated my efforts to get homework done, making them largely unsuccessful. I did get to spend Saturday night with Tim though which, while involving some serious conversations, was a good time. I love being with him and that we can talk out basically anything that's bothering us.

Thanks to it being the first Sunday of the month, I didn't have to teach a lesson in Relief Society which took some strain off my weekend. After getting my ecclesiastical endorsement secured and showering for what was probably the first time in three days, Tim and I headed down to Delta, or as the natives pronounce it: Delwda. While Tim and his father went off to do tax forms I offered to help his mother with dinner and happily mixed up brownies and set the table. When Tim and his father returned we were almost ready to eat and there wasn't much left to help with to his disappointment. When he asked if he could do anything his mother started to say something and then stopped. She then said "I was going to say you're wife is doing a great job..."
I was laughing so hard simply because she's so adorable. Tim and I talked about this on the way home and he pointed out that his mother already considers me a part of their family which explains the slip and I have to say I don't mind at all :)
I honestly enjoy spending time with Tim's family. His parents are wonderful and everyone is incredibly nice and inclusive. They make it very easy to feel comfortable and at home. It's so fun for me to be able to take part in that environment and even contribute to the fun sometimes. His family is partially convinced that I'm a card-shark now because I won the card game they taught me last night by a pretty good margin, haha.
I don't think there could be another family that I'd like to be adopted into more.

No comments:

Post a Comment