All of the snow we got yesterday melted but Utah, dependably undependable as it is, decided to replace it for us last night and I woke up again to a fluffy layer of the stuff which has been melting all day but we're getting another coat as I type. Why can't Utah just accept that spring is coming? I think the weather is in denial, I wish someone would disillusion it, I really want to walk around without a coat again.
Last night Tim and I went to see Chelsea in The Importance of Being Earnest which, having never read or seen before, I thought was hilarious. I've sat through and been in several plays and honestly, the kind of wit in this production is what I really enjoy.
Afterwards we dropped Chelsea off at a friend's apartment and went back to Tim's to upgrade my computer to Windows 7. I'm officially up to date on the peon technology scene! It took about 3 hours but my computer took to the new operating system and now I can play with all the fun little features that were added to this version. I can say that the bar at the bottom of the screen is honestly my favorite part. Unfortunately, the time it took to download made us both late for bed which continues to perpetuate the college cycle of sleep deprivation :P We nearly had heart-attacks when we went to pick up Chelsea though. No one was answering texts or calls and the apartment was dark. When I got home we discovered that Chelsea wasn't there which meant she hadn't walked. After calling her fiancé and sufficiently freaking him out as well as a few other people we found her, she'd passed out on the friend's house and thought someone was trying to kill her when I started banging on the door. It's not like Chelsea's a wimp or anything, in fact that girl could beat me up so fast it's not funny, rather terrifying actually. Still, being able to defend herself and being able to recognize situations in which such action would be necessary don't seem to merge for her often which makes for a girl you instinctively worry about and want to protect. I can't imagine how bad I'll be about my own children when I'm so protective of her!
Do you ever get into funks where you wonder if you're just in a temporary rut or if you're supposed to be changing things in your life? Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm just tired and need to stop thinking about things before I do things I don't really mean to or if I'm being given direction that I'm just not open to receiving. It's teaching me patience for sure, letting things sit for several days before even thinking about acting on them. It can be a hard place though when you just want sunshine and smiles :P
No comments:
Post a Comment