I love the insults my friends come up with, they're so very entertaining :)
Well, I'm not quite as far behind as I thought I was getting. My excuse is that the past two days, and today as well, have been freaking cold. I know my family on the East Coast is getting slammed by snow for the third week in a row but I would honestly rather have snow than the flat-out painfully frigid weather we've been having. At least if it was snowing they'd close school. Apparently negative temperatures with windchill to boot don't count as a health hazard around here. You know, the only thing I'm going to ask for my birthday and Christmas for the remaining years I stay here will be for an accurate weather forecast for Utah. Seriously, what good are meteorologists if they can't even get close?
In my family I am the only one who can list off everyone's birthdays without a second thought so I consider myself somewhat of a pro at remembering important dates. This idea was destroyed last night when I found out that Tim remembers the date of the first time he held me, the first time we kissed, and when we started officially going out. I remember all of these events but I only had a general time line for them and he just listed them right off. The incredible irony to this was that yesterday was apparently our 3 month anniversary. Not that I plan on "celebrating" our anniversary monthly as does Tim's roommate's girlfriend, that's a little much. Unfortunately, it hadn't been the best day for him, compounded by a speeding ticket and getting booted at my apartment complex which is apparently completely anal about enforcing their 24/7 booting rule. I guess that's what I get for living in an area that doesn't have enough parking for the people who have cars, let alone the entire resident population. Thankfully, delicious spaghetti and a good nights rest help to make a new day look a little brighter.
For me, the day took an interesting twist when my Statistics teacher handed back the computational portion of our first exam. The part where I figured I had lost at least 4 points when I took the test. I had received full credit on all the problems. While most people would be ecstatic about this, and I was pleased, for me it was actually more irritating than enjoyable. Math, specifically taking math tests, is the only thing that can instantly infuriate and confuse me, destroy my confidence and, to a certain extent, my will to live. I have probably cried over math tests as frequently or more often then I've cried over relationship stuff and the same holds true for stress levels and self-confidence. Which is why I don't understand how I get good grades in these classes. I took every single math class offered in my high school, even AP Statistics which was absolute suicide. I took them, did well in them, and hated every single one. The general concept is to do the things you're good at, but I don't believe in doing something that makes you feel useless and worthless, whether you prove to be good at it or not.
In other news, it's Thursday and you know what that means. Weekend preparations have already begun and include celebrating Amber's birthday tomorrow with everything pineapple, studying for my first Sociology of the LDS People exam (ah!), too the temple!, homework homework glorious homework, prepping my Relief Society lesson, and hopefully figuring out why my laptop suddenly decided this week that I don't have speakers anymore. Oh, also food and sleep. Lots of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment